[XML-SIG] More on XML / Python dependencies

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
23 Jul 1999 19:02:34 +0200

* wask@mcc.com

| However, I'm still forced into the Python environment in the next
| statement:
|
|                     drv_module = imp.importName(parser_name, 0, globals())
|
| (An exception I got was that urllib couldn't be found. On my
| machine, that module is in Python's \Lib directory.)

You can use the Python libraries with JPython. (Well, most of them.)
See step 3 on <URL: http://www.jpython.org/download.html > for a
description of how.

| I'm not haggling over code. Rather, I wish to raise the question
| whether or not there are plans afoot to decouple XML from Python?

Fred, I don't understand this question at all. What do you mean by
decoupling XML from Python? After all, it is 100% independent of
Python, and all we're doing is making software for working with it
inside Python.

--Lars M.