[XML-SIG] News.com - Sun, Adobe offer bounty for XSL

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:29:51 -0500 (EST)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > 	1) I got the impression Python was good for prototyping;
 > prototype it in Python, and then port it.  Isn't that one of the

  Gosh, that's not what I use it for... ;-)

 > 	2) Perhaps an XSL processor with embedded JPython would be
 > useful above just an XSL processor; I haven't read the XSL draft in a
 > while, and don't know if an embedded scripting language would add
 > additional power.

  My understanding is that the scripting facility has been removed,
but I'd have to look to be certain.  I think it clear that a scripting
engine embedded with a styling or transformation engine would be
useful, especially Python.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>