[XML-SIG] foo.bar vs. foo.get_bar()

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:32:57 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
 > Note that I don't like the idea of the Python binding officially supporting
 > two approaches, i.e. "node.parent" _and_ "node.get_parent()".  I think it's
 > great for implementations to provide alternatives, but the binding should
 > require one unequivocally.

  I think the "right" way would be for someone to look at the CORBA
mapping the DO-SIG put together and follow that strictly; I think it's
pretty much through the OMG process.  I've not been following that as
closely as I'd like due to time constraints.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>