[XML-SIG] 4DOM future

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:00:20 +0100

"Andrew M. Kuchling" wrote:

> uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
> >For instance, if we go with my leanings, which are towards an attribute-based
> >approach, it would differ in a key way from PyDOM.  Then to get a standard
> >Python binding, we'd have to hash it out.  That's why it would be nice to hear
> >from some of the PyDOM implementors.  It's not going to be an easy issue to
> >resolve, but I believe it is worth the effort.
>
> The PyDom Node class has __getattr__/__setattr__ functions which
> redirect attribute references to the corresponding get_*/set_*
> function.  ExtensionClass would be helpful for doing computed
> attribute values, but I've been reluctant to require it for the XML
> tools; if the Distutils-SIG makes it trivial to install new extensions
> and ExtensionClass is neatly packaged, maybe that additional
> requirement isn't too bad.

Where is the problem? ExtensionClass comes as a single dynamic
module and works right away. I'm using it all the time.
Couldn't it simply sit in a directory where orther XML tools
are already? Let it live in utils and we're done?

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net