[XML-SIG] xmllib compatibility

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

Rob Tillotson writes:
 > For the record, this bug is fixed.

  Thanks!

 > When I initially made the Debian packages of the XML stuff, replacing
 > the standard xmllib and sgmllib package worked just fine, and to my
 > knowledge it continued to work.  I was not even aware that there was a

  I'd have probably considered this "safe" at the time myself, since
the basic intention was for it to serve as a replacement.  For some
applications, it's still acceptable.

 > In the meantime, I am deeply sorry for the problems this has caused
 > and for any public shame it has brought to Debian.  I have taken
 > steps to make sure it cannot happen again (at least not by me), since

  Well, I hope this wasn't the cause for that decision!
  Thanks for clarifying the situation; I certainly appreciate the
information.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>