[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 alpha 1

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:37:49 -0500

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> I guess I should have explained myself better there.  In SAX1 it
> currently returns the sysid as a string, which is not what the Java
> spec says (and not what makes the most sense either). So the
> alternatives are an InputSource or the sysid as a string.

I agree it should be an InputSource.

For those that want to see what that means...

http://www.megginson.com/SAX/javadoc/org.xml.sax.InputSource.html

I think that the there would be only stream-getting methods on a Python
InputSource. Java has the most confusing IO library of any language I
know...

Would it break things if the "mini" SAX2 that goes into the core library
did not have support for InputSource and entity handler overriding?

When George Bush entered office, a Washington Post-ABC News poll found
that 62 percent of Americans "would be willing to give up a few of the
freedoms we have" for the war effort. They have gotten their wish.
	- "This is your bill of rights...on drugs", Harpers, Dec. 1999