[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 alpha 1

17 Apr 2000 20:17:56 +0200

* Paul Prescod

| I think that the there would be only stream-getting methods on a Python
| InputSource. Java has the most confusing IO library of any language I
| know...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

My view is this: we should have both current Python file-like objects
(byte streams) and the character streams in the new Python 1.6a2
Unicode implementations, so that applications can either do conversion
themselves or leave it to the parser.

| Would it break things if the "mini" SAX2 that goes into the core library
| did not have support for InputSource and entity handler overriding?

Not necessarily, but I'm pretty sure the entity resolution stuff in
the SAX2 distribution will be tiny, so it would hardly cost anything
at all to have it there.

--Lars M.