[XML-SIG] Swig, Xerces and python,

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:57:47 -0800 (PST)

If Xerces is not a requirement (it appears that you have only recently
decided to use it), then I might recommend Expat and the PyExpat module.
You'll have your XML parsing and Python interface as quick as you can
install them :-)

Using the XML-SIG release, you'll also have a DOM to work with. SAX
operates inside of there, constructing the DOM -- you won't really need to
worry about it (unless you want to skip the DOM).

Fourthought has got a DOM and, IIRC, an XPath implementation. I think it
is all in Python, but there may be some remaining C cruft. You'll have to
follow up on that.

Anyhow... in a nutshell: I think there are ample alternatives without
going and fooling around with a C++ XML Parser, SWIG, and developing your
own Python/C Extension.

Cheers,
-g