[XML-SIG] Trouble installing PyXML-0.5.2

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:10:49 -0500 (EST)

Prateep Siamwalla writes:
>My system is a RedHat 6.0, and I have installed rpms of Python 1.5.2-2 and
>pythonlib-1.22-5.  I downloaded the PyXML 0.5.2 package and extracted to
>/usr/local/PyXML-0.5.2

You also need to install the python-devel RPM to get the
/usr/lib/python1.5/config/ directory, which contains the files needed
to compile new Python extensions.

You shouldn't have to extract the files into /usr/local/PyXML-0.5.2,
though that shouldn't cause any problems; running 'python setup.py
install' should copy all the files into
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/ .

Every man is wise when attacked by a mad dog; fewer when pursued by a mad
woman; only the wisest survive when attacked by a mad notion.
    -- Robertson Davies, _Marchbanks' Almanac_