[XML-SIG] DATABASE PUBLISHING

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@idsonline.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:01:35 -0500

<JKnight496@aol.com> wrote

> To whom it may conern,
>
> I recently checked-out an XML book from a library.  Within it, Microsoft
> ACCESS
> was an example database that the author used to publish an ACCESS database
> on line.  To do this, he refrenced a "python" script.
>
> I have an ACCESS database that I want to publish on-line.  Do I need to
> dowload
> any type of decompiler to read the python scripting language?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Python scripts are usually text (*.py), although they could be compiled
(*.pyc).  If your book references a python script, the script may require
another python package or module to work.  You can tell what is needed by
looking at the "import" statements.  Most import statements call for
standard modules that come with python, but if you see one called, for
example, mxODBC, or most anything with "ODBC", that is one you'd have to
get.  (This particular one you can find at the Database SIG page on the
www.python.org site).

What is the book you mentioned?

Tom Passin