[XML-SIG] Bug report in DOM: ' instead of " in attribs

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@IDEALX.com
09 May 2000 09:44:12 +0200

Hello to all,

I think I have found a bug in the DOM source code (pyMXL 0.5.1). This bug
prevent me from reading back the XML I have written. I was using the XMLproc
Saxdriver.  This bug does not seem to be corrected in PyXML 0.5.4 release
candidate.

The toxml method in the class Element write the attributes with two single
quotes instead of using two double quotes as this should be done usually done
in XML. Example:

 doc.toxml writes :
    <element attr='value'>

 and should writes:
    <element attr="value">

The diff is the following on dom/core.py:

 803c803
<             s = s + " %s='" % (attr,)
---
>             s = s + " %s=\"" % (attr,)
810c810
---

Has this bug been identified before ?
I hope this bug will be fixed in pyXML 0.5.4 final release.

Thank you in advance.

--
Mickaël Rémond          -  mickael.remond@IDEALX.com
                        -  http://IDEALX.com