Re[2]: [XML-SIG] XML appropiate for config files of a xml pro cessor?

Guy Murphy GuyM@eurodatasystems.com
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:07:25 -0000

Hiya.

OK, I take your point that there's concern over using XML. I use a
tuple-like format where readability is an issue, especialy for output during
dev...

(example
	(start
		(p)(p)(b)
	)
	(content)
	(end
		(b)(p)(p)
	)
)

...::shrug:: its a little easier to read than XML and easy to parse into
XML.

For attributes and content I use...
	(elementName @attr val @attr2 val2
		-content here
	)

I think ESIS (or is it ISIS? cant remember the name) is a similar format,
and I think there's some code for it among the Python SAX stuff. Have a dig
around, or somebody might know and pipe up.

If readability is key, then you'll just have to come up with your own
readable format and parse it...

I personally think that dictionaries look great too for simple named node
stuff, but tastes vary.

I've python code working with this sort of format somewhere, but not sure
where. Or I've C# code at hand, reading and writing to this format alongside
an XML reader and writer. As I said I use it a lot during development when
XML starts to hurt the eyes. Let me know if you want it.

But we're now way off topic =)

Cheers

	Guy.