[XML-SIG] Metadata in XBEL

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:18:26 -0700

> On Saturday 31 March 2001 20:21, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> > Uche Ogbuji writes:
> >  > Yes.  I actually implemented an off-line merge earlier, but I think a
> >  > standardized merge indicator would be useful.
>
> What's off-line merge ?

Basically, merging two XBEL files on the command line into a single XBEL file
for re-import into browser format.  By on-line merge, I would imagine the
browser starts up, and reads the master XBEL file, and processes any merge
elements right then, therefore merging for the duration of the browser
session.  This would provide the user max flexibility.