[XML-SIG] I am confused!.. can I pick someones brains on parsers?

gary cor stuff4gary@hotmail.com
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 23:52:18

I am just starting doing my first bits of XML application development in
python and for the large part am rushing around trying to get to grips with
the concepts involved to create applications in publishing for editors.

It seems to me that there are loads of parsers in python for XML that do the
similar things, I wonder if someone could try and explain to me how parsers
differ from Dynamic Linking Extensions on a PC or a Macintosh extension
files and developing for these systems.  Is it not possible to have one
parser for image files (like a image gear DLL), another for dealing with
text data, another for XHTML, another for SVG, another for movies, etc...
My point being can't parsers be more application specific?  And if they are
application specific how do I find which ones I should use where and the way
each is to be used for its task within its application?

Kind Regards

Gary C