[XML-SIG] Update Python XML topic

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:24:40 -0700

> > Note: the changes won't show up until the page auto-regenerates.  I believe
> > someone mentioned a 6-hour interval?
>
> Indeed. You can run the generator by invoking doupdate on
> shell1.sourceforge.net if you want, but I'd take this as a test case
> whether the mechanism still works.

I guess it failed the test.

The Web pages are still not updated, so I tried to go to the shell account to
see what's what.  doupdate yields an error as you can see, and I don't know
enough about the SF directory layout to figure out how to correct it.

[uogbuji@borgia uogbuji]$ ssh uche@pyxml.sourceforge.net
<SNIP>
Linux usw-cf-linux1 2.2.14-va.4.4-i586 #1 Tue Sep 5 15:18:51 PDT 2000 i686
unknown

Welcome to usf-sf-shell1.  (orbital generation two)

Any problems : please submit a support request:
http://sourceforge.net/support/?group_id=1

uche@usw-pr-shell1:~$ cd /home/groups/pyxml
uche@usw-pr-shell1:/home/groups/pyxml$ ls
cgi-bin  doupdate  foo	ht2html  htdocs  log
uche@usw-pr-shell1:/home/groups/pyxml$ ./doupdate
cvs [export aborted]: connect to slayer:2401 failed: Connection refused
./doupdate: cd: www/htdocs: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/tmp/www5871/www/*': No such file or directory
uche@usw-pr-shell1:/home/groups/pyxml$ ls
cgi-bin  doupdate  foo	ht2html  htdocs  log
uche@usw-pr-shell1:/home/groups/pyxml$

Any ideas?  Looking at the doupdate script I have no idea why it's supposed to
work, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  I'll keep investigating.