[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] from CNR - Italy

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 07:40:18 +0200

> What OS are you on?  It looks like pyexpat did not get
> compilied/installed properly.
[...]
> > ImportError: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: File o directory inesistente

Do you have a libexpat.so.0 on your system? If so, you need to set
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the directory containing it.

Of course, it is confusing that pyexpat would link with a shared
libexpat that cannot be found. This is most likely an error. To
investigate it, we need to know in detail what you did to install
PyXML. I.e. please report

- what system you are using
- what file you've downloaded to install PyXML (exact URL please)
- what commands you've used in what order to install PyXML

If you could give further clues (e.g. why it might think to use
libexpat.so.0), don't hesitate to communicate them as well.

Regards,
Martin