[XML-SIG] xml.parsers.expat

Gordon Webster gordonwebster@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:17:19 -0800 (PST)

Dear Python XML Gurus

Following the example in the library reference for the
xml.parsers.expat module, I created a parser, defined
handlers for the start and end of XML tags and for
character data.

Everything works just fine so long as my XML file is
not too long. After a certain length however, the
character handler flags errors and the whole parsing
process grinds to a halt.

Is there some limit to the amount of character data I
can parse from a file?

If I change the order of the sections in my XML file,
the error seems to occur at more or less the same
place. If I substitute several copies of a section
that was previously read OK into the top of my file,
the same thing happens after about the same amount of
data has been read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

=====