[XML-SIG] DOMImplementation.createDocumentType

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
15 Jul 2002 10:51:53 -0600

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 08:58, Alexandre wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 08:40:09AM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > > The question is: what's the right way of doing things. Is it OK to
> > > change XmlDomGenerator to use an empty string, or would this break
> > > existing code? Or should cDomlette be enhanced to accept None as the
> > > publicId?
> >
> > I think this calls for a discussion, and then for us to make all DOMs
> > compliant.
> >
> > I think that thought it's not quite the same situation (not sure what the
> > status of empty string is in FPI spec), for consistency and least surprise, we
> > should specify None to mean "no pubid", not empty string.
>
> I agree
>
> > If people agree, I can amend cDomlette.
>
> +1

Done on the EXPAT-1-95-4-branch branch.  I can back it out if anyone
gives a compelling reason to go the other way (though they'll have to
battle Alexandre first ;-) ).

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? -