PyXML XPath and XSLT Re: [XML-SIG] Mass assignment of 4Suite bug reports

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
11 Sep 2002 08:55:33 -0600

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 10:57, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > So, if a user tries to import xml.xslt.processor it will first look to
> > see if Ft.Xml.Xslt.Processor is available, and if not, then try
> > xml.pyxslt.Processor.  Or, any other of the xslt processors that people
> > are proposing.
> >
> > This means a common (or close to common) set of interfaces on Xslt
> > parsers but that shouldn't be too hard to come up with.
>
> Luckily, the only interfaces to the outside for the general programmer are
>
> Processor

In fact, for the public interface, we wouldn't even need the next two.

> InputSource(Factory)
> Context, XsltContext
> Compile, Match, Evaluate

I had in mind something like:

parser = xml.xpath.get_default_parser()
parser.compile
parser.evaluate
parser.match

and

processor = xml.xslt.get_default_processor()
processor.apply("src string",["stys"],params)

I think if you want anything above and beyond that then you need to
use a specific processor.

Mike

--
Mike Olson                                Principal Consultant
mike.olson@fourthought.com                +1 303 583 9900 x 102