[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Patches-694035 ] Better expat support for startElementNS

SourceForge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:24:42 -0800

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=306473&aid=694035&group_id=6473

Category: SAX
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be useful to my application if expat's
startElementNS supplied the qualified name so I can
know which prefix (if any) was used with an element.
Multiple prefixes can map to a single URI, so I'd
really like be able to get this information.

Attached is a patch that does just that with expat.
Generated against pyxml cvs. Tested by replacing the
expatreader.py in pyxml 0.8.2 with the modified version.