[XML-SIG] [SOLVED] soapy hacking -- getAttributeNS

Mark Bucciarelli mark@easymailings.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:58:22 +0000

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 10:48 pm, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:

> Stupid question ... what's the proper way to retrieve the value of the name
> attribute using pnode.getAttributeNS()?

Nope.  To get at an attribute without a namespace prefix, you must use
getAttribute, not getAttributeNS.

Another interesting thing I found is if an attribute does have a prefix, then
the xmlns declaration must be in a parent tag--it cannot be in the same tag
as the attribute.

So, there is no way to get the value of the name attribute from the following
xml:

Maybe this isn't legal xml.

Mark