[XML-SIG] New Akara Features

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:48:53 -0700

I've been steadily updating and improving the framework on which I
manage tips and information for Python/XML developers.

Ever more content and ever more framework features.  I call the
framework Akara, and it steals the IMHO best ideas from Wikis, Blogs,
FAQ Wizards and the like, and offers a convenient interface for managing
loosely related news and information.  I'm preparing to release Akara as
a separate project, but I thought I'd point out some of the new features
you can already find on the Python/XML Akara.

* An RSS feed of new items.  Look for the RSS icon on key pages
* Ability for arbitrary users to add comments
* Better organization of the items between the sections
* There are now three sections
    - General Python/XML
    - 4Suite users
    - 4Suite core developers

I welcome feedback, and if you have any thoughts on items that may need
correction, clarification or expansion, please don' hesitate to use the
comment form for each item.

Universal Business Language (UBL) - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think16.html
EXSLT by example - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-exslt.html
The worry about program wizards - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=7238