[XML-SIG] SOAP, Web services, hype, and Python

Mark Bucciarelli mark@easymailings.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:37:49 -0500

On Sunday 16 March 2003 10:27 pm, Michael McLay wrote:

[...]

> I have identified and worked with four partially completed implementations
>  of SOAP in Python.

If you just want the client, you can use the SOAP.py script from pygoogle
(Mark Pilgrim) and the wsdllib.py from Uche.  I had to patch wsdllib to work
with the latest 4Suite (the patch is in the list archive).

> I am somewhat concerned
> that the Python community seems so uninterested in SOAP and the associated
> web services tools, such as WSDL and UDDI. Are web services considered a
> dead end in the Python community?

Maybe because xmlrpc is just so drop-dead easy with Python and solves 80% of
the problems with 20% of the work? <ducks>

Mark