[XML-SIG] sgmlop and html parsing

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Tue Jan 13 09:10:25 EST 2004

I got a bug report about ns_parse.py in demo/xbel

The problem is when, parsing a netscape bookmark file with &#xNN;
character entities where xNN > x7F because this causes a ValueError in

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ns_parse", line 142, in ?
line 50, in parse
ValueError: character reference ä exceeds ASCII range

I've looked in the code, and I'm not sure how I can handle this, because
encoding issues in drv_sgmlop.py only seem to be handled in the callback
methods, and this problem occurs during before callbacks get called.

Any help welcome.

Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Développement logiciel avancé - Intelligence Artificielle - Formations