[XML-SIG] automatically building Python data structures from DOM trees?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Dec 2 16:43:59 CET 2005

On 12/2/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I'm looking for a package that will translate a minidom tree into
> something which  is native python, i.e. translate
>
> <bar>
>     <bla>
>        <foo id="1" />
>        <foo id="2" />
>     </bla>
> </bar>
>
> into a python object, for which the following holds
>
>     bar.bla[1].id == "2"

I wrote something like this except it just parses XML -- it doesn't go
through (mini)DOM. It also *produces* XML from the Python data
structures at request.

It's not yet integrated anywhere but you can get it from SourceForge:
python.org/sf/1337648.

I've been looking for feedback on this package -- let me know if it's
useful for you!