[Mailman-Users] Mailman Template

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 27 18:26:59 CET 2006

Jeff Edwards wrote:

>I'm working on customizing the Mailman archive templates. I'm customizing
>the HTML and need to generate dynamic text based on the listname, but when I
>add  a %(list_name)s in places, it doesn't get rendered dynamically. Instead
>it shows up as %(list_name)s in the final HTML. How can I use the dynamic
>tags in templates correctly?

Templates are a hodge podge. In some cases you use %(xx)s replacement;
in others <mm-*> tags like <MM-List-Name>. Also, you can't just use
arbitrary names. Each template has an associated dictionary in the
code, so even if you are dealing with a template that uses %(name)s
replacements, %(list_name)s may not work in that particular template.

>And is there a guide anywhere explaining the templating system in detail?

No, but it's on my To Do list to write a FAQ for this.