On 12/28/2015 10:16 PM, MichaelLeung wrote:
normally , dovecot service will save a copy of mail that i sent , but , mailx won't ,
You can always send yourself a 'Bcc' with the -b option. However, I can assure you that your 'Heirloom mailx 12.4 7/29/08' is putting To: and Subject: headers in the mail it creates.
i sent those test mail to these two mail servers , one accept test mails just did as yours , another one (the one are fixing ), lost the To: and subject:header.
i start to believe that is my sendmail service's problem.
I have never heard of any MTA removing the Subject: header from a message. Also, while MTAs can be configured to rewrite To: headers under some circumstances, they don't generally remove them.
Further, you have said that if you send the mail from Thunderbird, it works. If the sendmail MTA were removing To: and Subject: headers, it would probably remove them from the Thunderbird mail as well.
You did at one point say something about aliasing or forwarding. Perhaps it is this process which is creating a new message with missing headers.
This thread has drifted far from Mailman. To bring it back to focus, on the Mailman list on which you have issues with implicit destination, go to the web admin interface for that list and go to the Privacy options... -> Recipient filters page and set require_explicit_destination to No. This will avoid that hold.
If you have other issues with Mailman, please try to be very specific about what you are doing and what the desired and actual results are, and we will do our best to help you. Keep in mind that if you have unusual or non-standard infrastructure surrounding your mail delivery, we need very specific information about it, otherwise we can't even guess what might be happening.
-- Mark Sapiro email@example.com The highway is for gamblers, San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan