[python-advocacy] [PyCON-Organizers] Fox News

Daniel Schneider daniel at pageonepr.com
Fri Mar 7 00:46:31 CET 2008

I'm doing the PR for PyCon and set up the Fox opportunity.  Upon
speaking with Fox, it's apparent to me that they are interested more
in how this helps Chicago than anything else.  They are looking at
the larger picture-- how it relates to technology, or a technological
trend in Chicago.  Or at least that's the angle I'm pushing because
that's the one that seems to attract their attention.  The big names
are nice and help but we need to explain the importance of PyCon as
it relates to technology in general and technology in Chicago.  What
value does it add to the city?  Why even have it in Chicago?  Just
some things to consider.  It would be great if a TV crew came out,
and I'm working on that.

Daniel Schneider
Page One PR
office: 415.321.2346