[AstroPy] Job ad: 8 new positions in LSST data management

Jean-Baptiste Marquette marquett at iap.fr
Mon Dec 15 08:29:14 EST 2014

Hi Mario,

> These include:
>
>  * Princeton University: Postdoctoral Position in Software (x2)
>  * University of Pennsylvania / Princeton University:
>      Position in LSST Data Management and Galaxy Surveys
>  * University of Washington:
>      Postdoctoral Position with the Survey Science Group
>  * University of Washington: Research Scientist Positions (x3)
>  * SLAC: Senior Software Engineer, Distributed Systems / Big Data
>
> We're generally looking for broad, talented people who love to think
> about algorithms, write code, can learn quickly, and have experience
> with Python and/or C++.
>
> Our goal is to write a scalable open source Python/C++ data processing
> and analysis system for LSST, while reusing code (and contributing to)
> existing community efforts whenever possible. If you get warm fuzzies at
> the thought of collaboratively writing a system that will process
> petabytes of data on 150k+ cores, enable research ranging from killer
> asteroids to dark energy, and add to the open source codebase that the
> community can reuse in the future, please give us a look!
>
> Thanks (and do feel free to e-mail me with any questions!),

Reading these announcements, I feel like reading my own profile, specially those concerning the three RSP in Seattle, and owing to my experience with the EROS-2 data astrophysical applications. I may consider to apply, though I have no immediate availability. Plus, I would be pleased to receive any further information about a possible position at senior level.

Thanks in advance,
Bien cordialement / Very truly yours / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Jean-Baptiste Marquette
Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris
CNRS - UMR 7095
Université Pierre & Marie Curie