[Baypiggies] Schedule of upcoming events

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 21:15:05 CEST 2006

I am more than comfy with either of those dates.

Yes Plone is a CMS build on Zope. Silva (http://www.infrae.net) is
another CMS built on Zope. I used Silva in 2001..built a couple sites
on it..but haven't touched it since I started working with Plone.
Nothing wrong with Silva.. the front end just wasn't as intuitive as
the Plone version. They may have changed it since.

I also work with php based cms's like Joomla and Drupal.. it really
depends on the clients needs. Plone can be overkill for basic
brochureware sites that just want the ability to update content.

Plone isn't on Zope3 yet.. the newly released Plone 2.5 beta requires
Zope 2.9 + Five
(Five is a Zope 2 product that allows you to integrate Zope 3
technologies into Zope 2, today. It allows you to use all parts of the
Zope 3 component architecture within Zope 2, namely interfaces,
adapters and views. It also re-implements a few features known from
Zope 3, such as the automatic generation of add and edit forms based
on schemas, so that they can be used in a Zope 2 environment.)

Plone 3.0 should be Zope 3.. but that's not due out for six months.

Maybe we just have a python related CMS night.. I don't know of any
other ones.. but maybe TurboGears has a CMS built on it's framework?

I'm extremely flexible so if we opt for a night where we have more
than one discussion of python related cms's..I could most definitely
fill the hour with Plone..as there is more to it that it appears.. on
the outside. Also, I'm not a programmer.. new to Python..but I've been
building on Zope/Plone since 2001.. and am a designer/trainer
comfortable with the system even though I can't program python to save
my life (yet).

Donna M.Snow
C Squared Technologies