[Chennaipy] Invitation to the first "Papers We Love: Chennai" meetup on Saturday, 18 March

GANESH S gs401 at snu.edu.in
Tue Mar 14 06:48:48 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,
I'm organizing the first *Papers We Love: Chennai
<http://github.com/papers-we-love/chennai>* meetup at the Chennai
Mathematical Institute, Siruseri on Saturday, 18 March 2017 from 4pm to
6pm. Papers We Love is a community that reads and discusses computer
science research papers and is open to everyone: students, practitioners
(software engineers, product managers, etc.), researchers, etc.

On Saturday, I will be presenting on *An Industrial-Strength Audio Search
Algorithm <https://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/papers/Wang03-shazam.pdf>* by
Avery Wang. It describes the working of the Shazam app that identifies
songs. I am also planning to demonstrate a Python implementation of the
algorithm.

If you are interested, please show up at the Seminar Hall in CMI
<http://www.cmi.ac.in/contact/how-to-get-to-cmi.php> on Saturday at 4pm.

I apologize if this sort of email is considered spam on this list.

Regards,
Ganesh Srinivas
BTech Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida (2013-2017)
Organizer @ Papers We Love: Chennai