[Chicago] equipment in storage

Kenneth P. Stox ken at stox.org
Mon Mar 12 03:28:40 CET 2007

Two things:

1) I hope you are looking at climate controlled storage. While it might
be possible in Dallas, the weather up here will play havoc with stored
equipment. Corrosion due to condensation can do a lot of damage to
connectors and circuit boards.

2) I would leave the decision as to what equipment should be shipped, or
not, to those responsible for setting them up at the conference. There
is a great deal of value in the assemblage of the parts necessary to
make a working system. Even though some items may be inexpensive, the
effort necessary to get new ones, make sure they work, and compensate
for differences will quickly exceed any potential savings. Really silly
little details can chew up a lot of time.