[Chicago] URL + authentication

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:59:26 CEST 2008

This sounds similar to what Tahoe does and it is written in Python
(probably with some C).  You could use Tahoe as a backend or steal
parts of their code.  Tahoe uses Erasure coding for storing the data
but I'm not sure how it exactly sends data over the wire.  It is
designed for these kinds of segmented sharing groups you are talking
about and is nice because it is distributed.

Although FWIW I can't get http://allmydata.com/ (a Tahoe based backup
service) to work very well, performance wise.  Not sure what that's
about but I gave up after a while.

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasure_code