[Chicago] Looking for leased server colocation (OT)

Garrett Smith g at rre.tt
Mon Aug 9 17:45:41 CEST 2010

Dedicated "leased" servers are generally pretty expensive (>$100/month).

I've used EC2 "small" servers, which you can down to $30/month (IIRC)
by prepaying for a year. They run Xen and the small instances are
shared - two per "real" server, but they're fine for the light weight
use you're describing.

The benefit of EC2 is that you get full access (i.e. root/admin) to
the server and have your choice of OS/distributions.

I don't have experience with any of the other suggestions here --
perhaps there are cheaper servers that get you a similar package.