[Chicago] Kickstarter Fund to get rid of the GIL

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 27 15:42:46 CEST 2011

    >> This statement is rude, inappropriate, and a personal attack....

    Dave> I apologize for the tone of my response.  Just so you know, I know
    Dave> Alex personally ....  I also enjoy giving him a hard time--the
    Dave> intent of my comment was nothing more than that (admittedly, it
    Dave> might have been phrased a bit better).

I participate in some online masters swim forums.  There are two members,
Aquageek and Wookie, who are always insulting each other.  It never
escalates, however.  After awhile you realize that they are obviously very
good friends and wonder how they will insult each other next.

I think it's best for all concerned to accept the occasional apparent insult
as something along those lines, especially if you don't personally know the
parties involved.  If the back-and-forth escalates into something you can't
plausibly interpret as online fun-poking, then, sure, call the
participant(s) on it.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/