[Chicago] python office hours

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Nov 30 16:23:40 CET 2012

quoting replies inline in response to my question on why people don't show
up to python office hours at ps:one.

On Nov 27, 2012 4:49 PM, "T Wilson" <wilson.tamarrie at gmail.com> wrote:

> I leave work at 5pm and at school until 10pm you guys are way gone by
then. even if my class is downtown.  I don't think they want to meet on a
Friday or early Sat.  Heck I would take a Sunday if it's possible.

Sometimes I'm at ps:one on a weekend. It's not beyond the pale to put
something together. Keep in mind that I don't have any teaching experience
so will be discombobulated until I have more.

Okay, so I'd like to set up something specifically on a weekend,

1. maybe not in December, I'll check.
2. I'd like a person with more experience around (or at least on irc) to
field questions.
3. I'd like a small quorum, maybe at least 3 to 5 people who want to learn
at a similar skill level. if it's not just me helping, then a few more.

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM, David Dumas <daviddumas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Why don't more of you show up at ps:one for python office hours?
>> > Sometimes I see people ask questions on the mailing list, but they
>> > don't show up to the office hours.
>>
>> One would need to be a (paying) PS:One member to attend the office
hours, right?

Nope. People can attend for something a member is hosting.