[Chicago] deploying django apps, first steps for newbie

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:41:40 CET 2013

I am all for virtualenv for developing apps packages, or devel where you
don't have a deployment target in mind.

Otherwise a virtual box cofigured with the target machine, and the
development tree network mounted from your host is a scalable,
distributeable solution, and a small step to deploying to the same
environment.

edx is moving to doing this with ansible, and its a nice way to include /
test other services & dbs.
See the wiki pages at github.com/edx/configuration

Vagrant & a vm are your friend.