[DB-SIG] Getting warmer! Re: [DB-SIG] Informix on IRIX?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> > Actually you sometime may get those, as there might be inline assembler
> > code in system headers. For instance, my egcs on Linux refuses to
> > compile files using the default FD_ZERO macro, as FD_ZERO apparently
> > expands to inline assembly code that gcc 2.7.2.3 happily compiles.  In
> > these cases my workaround has been to define FD_ZERO myself to pure C
> > code.
>
> Ah, ok, forgot about the inline assembler. I was thinking of
> assembler code produced by the compiler. Inline assembler can
> of course cause troubles...

I switched, per suggestions, from gcc to cc and attempted to recompile.

I *know* the fatal error I'm getting now is IRIX related....

ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects: /www/informix/lib/esql/libixsql.so
is o32.

What I don't understand is what it means.

As far as all the warnings, I tend to think they're less critical....

_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"At a risk of being called sexist, ageist and French, if you put
multimedia, a leather skirt and lipstick on a grandmother and take her
to a night club, she's still not going to get lucky." -- Jean Louis
Gassee (of Be) on Windows 2000 being "multimedia."