[DB-SIG] Newbie ODBC question

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 19:18:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, jmcgraw wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to both Python and ODBC so please forgive my ignorance...
>
> I've developed a small application on NT with Gadfly, but am in serious need
> for speed.  I'm considering using MySQL, but
> am baffled as to what exactly I need to do to connect to MySQL from Python.
> I've downloaded/installed MyODBC, and I noticed that my Python/Win32
> installation has an ODBC module...what next?

MySQLdb-0.2.0 does work with Windows 95/98/NT, no ODBC required. It should
be a lot faster than going through an intermediate ODB module (like
MyODBC).

http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman/MySQLdb.html

Note: The Windows install routine (compile.py) is user-contributed. I
can't answer any Windows-specific questions because my head might explode.

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d