[Distutils] distutils on OS X?

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri Nov 9 08:01:01 2001

Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com>:

> (Dinu: I have the reportlab .so's for Python 2.1.1, as built
> under 10.0.4, in case nothing works and you must use 2.1.1.
> It's just not reportlab 1.10.)

I'm on 10.1 and there's is no way back. Unfortunately most
of the Cocoa developer tools also don't work anymore...
which is an ugly Apple move IMHO, that forces people to
download 180 MB after registering in their developers pro-
gram, I'm told... sigh!

The .so's are not that important for me, but I'd like to be
able to generate them, soon... I've patched get_platform()
to replace blanks, but that doesn't help. And then, Jack's
comments leave me slightly more confused than I was before.
;-)

What I'm actually trying is to build an OS X package (.pkg)
using distutils, but so far the bdist_rpm thing is still
beyond me. Probably I'll better start with bdist_dumb.

Dinu