[Distutils] Forcing setuptools options (always unzip, no dependencies) in buildout?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Dec 28 20:30:24 CET 2007

At 07:30 AM 12/28/2007 -0700, Jeff Shell wrote:
>I still can't get a Egg based Zope app/site up and running. The last
>headache that I ran into before I had to focus on other work was a
>core Zope egg (zope.filerepresentation, which we use quite heavily)
>being a Zipfile based egg. In this mode, Zope's configuration
>machinery can't get config files out of zope.filerepresentation, and
>all is lost.

Note that this means that either:

1. Said configuration machinery should be using pkg_resources APIs to
access files, rather than using the filesystem directly, or

2. zope.filerepresentation's setup.py should include zip_safe=False

Either one should fix the problem, but I suspect that #1 is what Zope
really should do, in order to be fully egg-compatible.