[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] Why so many zc.buildout versions?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 10 23:36:28 CEST 2007

> For example, the current effort to bake static pages could bake these
> pages instead.

Certainly not instead; in addition, if there are volunteers to implement

> We could make the new index available at a different
> URL for people to play with while we worked the kinks out of the
> process.

I have been thinking about the same thing. I think it would be good
to have, however, it will surely take some time until all setuptools
implementations learn to use it.

> Of course, those of us who use the cheesehop and setuptools
> extensively can also achieve much of this by changing the way we work.

Hmm. How about those using them extensively start contributing to
them also?