[Distutils] PEP 376 comments

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 23:05:07 CEST 2009

2009/6/8 Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>:
> That's the place I mean. But I'm not sure I like the idea of calling
> it an "EggInfo". I'll see if I can think of a better name (but not
> being familiar with the domain, I'm not sure I'll be able to).

Hmm.

Reading the PEP, the EggInfo class represents the contents of the
.egg-info directory. OK, but .egg-info is a directory containing
information about the egg. The class name implies that directory
contains an "egg info" (ie, an "egg information"). But that's not
grammatically correct - you don't have "an information".

So the question is, what is a good (singular noun) word for the
collection of data in the .egg-info directory?

I don't know enough of the concepts/terminology for this stuff to be
able to suggest anything, though.

Paul.