[Distutils] Enterprise Python - Multicomponent Projects

Brian Wickman wickman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 01:36:26 CEST 2014

pants-users is brand new, hence no activity.  most activity is on
pants-devel (and the sister list, pants-reviews.)

the pants execution engine was refactored a couple years ago (the "goal"
framework) and the java/scala pipelines were ported to that.  the python
backend is currently legacy and needs to be ported, but due to codebase
fracturing has been delayed.  you should likely wait until that is done
before you write any plugins, as they would need to be rewritten after the
port is finished.  if you are interested in helping with the port,
pants-devel is the right place to go.