[Distutils] oneget python provider?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:21:11 CET 2015

On 15 January 2015 at 02:28, Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think we want to take that approach. We should be able to work
> with the official releases from python.org at the very least.

You may want to involve Steve Dower, as the Python 3.5 installers will
be in a new format. Most significantly for you, AIUI, they will be
exes rather than msi's. See the thread starting at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-January/137669.html
for some details.

Also, Install-Package may well need to offer some choices related to
install options (system install or user install, whether to register
Python file associations, etc).

Paul