[Doc-SIG] suggestions for a PEP (and new schedule)

Edward D. Loper edloper@gradient.cis.upenn.edu
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:44:33 EST

> 1. I'll be away from the office tomorrow (Thursday), so I'd appreciate
> it if noone did anything interesting until Friday (!!!)

Muahaha.  Now I can sneak in my PEP, propose it, and get it accepted
all before he gets back!! ;)

> * the option of choosing validation or not, and some useful validation
> if it is chosen

Is this validating "label paragraphs" or checking for "bad things"
like un-matched delimiters?  Assuming the latter, yay!! :)

> * a sensible decision on what to do with badly indented paragraphs
> (including complaining if validation is on, of course)

Yay!

> * support for in-document references (this is new new code, as opposed
> to amended code)

Still not sure about these, but I'll reserve judgement until I see
them and their docs.

> * a rewritten STpy.html document (i.e., the STpy spec) to reflect
> current status and thoughts, with at least the starts of "curvy warning"
> bits to talk about the nooks and crannies of STpy

sounds useful.

> There *may* be a 0.0.5 release before its all finished - depends how
> long it takes and how much sleep I can do without.

Bah.  Sleep is for the weak!  Oh, and maybe for the tired, too.

-Edward