[Edu-sig] Wanted: Head First Python author

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Oct 4 13:07:26 EDT 2003

I brought the idea of Head First Python up with O'Reilly, and they're
at least lukewarm.  I think if the right author presented him/herself
they might warm up to the idea a lot more.  A few people here showed
interest, but I intentionally didn't jot down their names (I have no
time to head this particular effort myself and am trying to stay out
of the loop).  But if you think you could be the lead on the author
team and can make a convincing case to O'Reilly, please write me and
I'll introduce you to Jonathan Gennick.  If you'd like to participate
but not as a lead, please post here so others know about your
interest.