[Edu-sig] Hypertoons!

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Tue Mar 15 07:33:13 CET 2005

> Kirby Urner
> Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:01 PM
> Cc: edu-sig at python.org
> Subject: RE: [Edu-sig] Hypertoons!

<<SNIP>>

> On another front, of course I've fantasized about firing off two Hypertoon
> classes, each within the same domain of scenarios, but each running on its
> own thread, traveling the network solo (with threading essentially giving
> equal time to each).  Once you've got two threads, you can get any number
> (processor limits make too many impractical).

OK, one last set of tweaks for the day, and I'll give it a rest for awhile.
Got to work on some other projects.

But (drum roll), I *did* get the two hypertoons to run in their own threads,
sharing the same display.  It's pretty cool to watch.

Had to change the goofy way I was making so many key vertices global --
better to work with copies of the key vertices, and stuff them in a class
(changes to rbf.py -- also made the icosahedron cyan).

http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/python/hypertoons/

My proposal to speak at OSCON this year was accepted.  This Hypertoon
concept will be a part of my talk, along with Elastic Interval Geometry and
some other stuff.