[Edu-sig] Latest VPython distribution

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Mar 27 16:42:51 CEST 2005

The VPython 3.1.1  release (of 2/25/05) takes a significant step forward
toward a sane Windows distribution:

"""
* The MS Windows installer has been componentized, and will respect
         an existing installation of Numeric or Numarray.
"""

Thank goodness.

They keep this up and I'll have nothing  left to rant about.

This is quite important to me, as PyGeo depends on VPython, and I have been
reluctant to send anybody over to fetch the distribution - considering it
somewhat viral - and have therefore been struggling with the idea of a
complex PyGeo distribution that would include the VPython essentials.  This
is a  big step in the direction of mooting those concerns.