[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Wed Oct 5 21:38:32 CEST 2005

Microsoft's "Coding 4 Fun" website referenced below is ostensibly intended
to boost hobby coding on the MS platform. But my understanding is that
Microsoft has one of those "we own you, body and soul, and everything you
create is owned by us" employee contracts. So you can't code for fun and
release the code if you are a Microsoft employee, unless you can somehow get
through the MS legal department.

Therefore KPL was not developed by Microsoft employees. And it doesn't
appear to be open source, either. (No source code available, and I couldn't
find any explicit license, other than a statement that it was "freeware".)

David H